2016-2018 PTA Vice President - Fredericka Verdell
Welcome to Streetboro High School
As most of us are aware Hurricane Harvey and Irma have devastated parts of our country. Many ask at times like this "what can I do?" It can often feel like a daunting task or you may not know how to help. Actively Caring for People, Beta Club, and Student Council have partnered to assist victims of both Hurricanes. The following opportunities are available for students and staff to help.
1. Boxes are located in the commons and outside the office area. These are for school supplies for a school in Texas and in Florida affected by each Hurricane and in need of supplies for students. You can donate until September 22nd.
2. Smaller boxes are located in the same areas for positive messages to be delivered to students who are dealing with the aftermath of the tragedies. In addition, at Actively Caring for People after school on Sept. 19th we will be working on this project.
3. To raise awareness and money Friday September 15th will be hat day. Students can wear a hat all day for a dollar donation to go to relief efforts, through the Red Cross.
Every little bit helps, let's do our part Streetsboro!
* Interims will be coming home. Please make sure that you can access the HAC system to check your grades online. If you are unable to do so please contact your student's guidance counselor.
* We will be proctoring the PSAT in our school on Wednesday, October 11th. All SHS sophmores will take this test. All college-bound juniors should take this test. However, juniors must sign up in the Guidance Office to do so. The cost is approximately $15, but well worth the price if your student intends to go to school. Students that take the PSAT both years (10 & 11) will score better on the SAT, which becomes a financial value when the college tuition bill arrives.
* The Homecoming Dance is Saturday, October 14th. Tickets will be sold through the SHS Main Office. All students are invited to Homecoming, however tickets may not be sold to those students that are delinquent in school fees or have outstanding school discipline to be served. The dance will take place in the SHS Gymnasium & Commons.
9 - SHS Marching Band will be performing in Solon
28 - SHS Parent-Teacher Conferences
11 - PSAT testing day (10th & 11th Grade). Cost is $15; students can register in the Guidance Office prior to testing day.
13 - NEOEA Day. No school
14 - Homecoming Dance, SHS Commons
26 - Picture Re-take Day
4 - 15 AIR Re-takes. Students will be notified if they are required to retake the AIR.
4 & 5 - 9th and 10th Grade English end of course exams.
12 - SAT for 11th Grade
17 & 18 - 9th and 10th Grade Algebra I & Geometry end of course exams.
24 & 25 - 10th & 11th Grade US History & Government end of course exams.
1st & 2nd - 10th Grade Biology end of course exams.
15 - SCPTA Kalahari overnight stay
SES conference night 3:30-7:30pm
MS conference night 4:00-7:00pm
HS conference night 3:00-9:00pm
16 - No school for students
19 - Presidents Day. No school.
22 - Defer conference night 4:00-8:00pm
27 - Defer Spring pictures.